Real People. Real Weight Loss.®
Helping Millions to Take Off Pounds Sensibly Since 1948.
How It Works
A hands-on, pounds-off approach to weight loss.®
TOPS doesn’t pay celebrities to endorse us, and we don’t promise quick fixes or promote unrealistic images of the “perfect” body. Instead we focus on health.
TOPS can’t do the work for you. You only get out of TOPS what you put into it. We can’t guarantee weight loss just by attending meetings, but we can offer support through each stage of the journey, including after you reach your goal weight.
What Happens at a Meeting?
Weekly meetings are the heart of TOPS’ support. They usually last an hour or less. Our Macomb chapter meets at University Baptist Church (315 N Sherman Ave, Macomb, IL 61455). Weigh in time is 5:30 pm with our meetings at 6:00 pm every Thursday in the Church Library (See Below).
You’re welcome to attend your first meeting free of charge—bring a friend if you like. There’s no obligation.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Each member has a private weigh-in before the meeting. (That’s the first time you’ll see listed.)
- Meeting starts with members sharing challenges, successes, or goals (if they want).
- There’s a brief program. TOPS gives each chapter engaging, professionally prepared programs covering a variety of health and wellness topics.
- Awards go to weekly or monthly best losers, contest winners, and members who’ve reached goal!
- When needed, there’s a quick business meeting before the closing.
- Meeting closes with a thought for the week or other inspirational activity.